May 09, 2009

Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver

Almost heaven, West Virginia. Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, growing like a breeze

Chorus:
Country roads, take me home to the place I belong
West Virginia, Mountain Mama
Take me home, country roads

All my memories gather round her, miner’s lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine teardrop in my eye

Bridge:
I hear her voice; in the morning hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And driving down the road I get a feeling
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday. Chorus (twice + “Take me home, country roads” twice.


Background information

Birth name : Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr
Also known as : John Deutschendorf, Henry Deutschendorf, Jr
Born : December 31, 1943(1943-12-31),Roswell, New Mexico United States
Died : October 12, 1997 (aged 53), Pacific Grove, California, United States
Genre(s) : Folk, Pop, Country
Occupation(s) : Singer-songwriter, instrumentalist, record producer, actor, writer, poet, activist
Instrument(s) : Vocals, guitar, keyboards, fiddle
Years active : 1962-1997
Label(s) : RCA, BMG, Windstar, Delta, CMC, Sony Wonder
Associated acts : The John Denver Band, The Byrds, New Christy Minstrels, Chad Mitchell Trio, Mitchell Trio, Denver, Boise, Johnson
Website : http://www.johndenver.com/

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Scrapur

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CONTENTS

Followers

Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Counter Powered by  RedCounter
Add to Technorati Favorites
free counters